Training and exam in the Russian language.
Purposes of the Qualification:
This Qualification is intended for those who has basic knowledge about wines and other alcohol drinks and wants to improve them. It will be useful to the employees of retail and wholesale trade, sommeliers, kavists, buyers, manufacturers – all those who needs reliable knowledge that will underpin other professional skills. This Qualification applies also to those whose labour activity is not connected with the industry of production and sales of alcoholic beverages.
Main directions of training:
- What does the label say about the style and the quality of wine?
- Focusing on the grapes sorts and, in addition, the scope of various wine terminology, including the most significant wine regions.
- Tasting and estimation of wines on the WSET Level 2 Systematic Approach to Tasting Wine® (SAT) methodology.
Results of training:
Knowledge of the key factors influencing on the types, the styles and the quality of wine; identification and comparison the characteristics of still, sparkling and fortified wines; how are they stored, selected and served; understanding the key methods of spirits production.
Successful training candidates will be able to read and understand wine labels and spirits labels of the world, to give recommendations for their selection and serve, to know the principles of tasting and evaluating of wines, to describe them professionally.
- Tasting techniques WSET Level 2 Systematic Approach to Tasting Wine® (SAT).
- The combination of wine and food. Wine storage and serve.
- Factors influencing on the style, quality and price of wine. Reading of wine labels.
- Grape varieties: Chardonnay, Sauvignon Blanc, Riesling, Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot, Pinot Noir, Syrah, Grenache. The typology and the quality of the wines depending on countries and regions of cultivation of these varieties, and on the applied winemaking techniques.
- Other white grape varieties and white wines from them.
- Other black grape varieties and red wines from them.
- Sparkling wines.
- Sweet wines.
- Fortified wines.
- Strong alcohol.
3 days. Exam on the 4th day morning.
Studying in classroom is 20 hours, 50% of the time is allotted to the tasting practices – tasting and detailed analysis of 51 samples of alcoholic beverages.
Recommended preparation time outside of the class - at least 12 hours.
Qualifying examination of the WSET® Level 2 Award in Wines and Spirits is a written test consisting of 50 questions with multiple choice answers. The test lasts for 1 hour.
Important! For successful completion of the WSET® course a preliminary self-training is strongly recommended. Tutorial WSET® Level 2 Award in Wines and Spirits "Behind the label" should be fully read and understood.
The courses WSET® Level 2 is extremely useful for the subsequent successful completion of the WSET® Level 3 course.
Cost — 39 000 rubles.
The possibility of discounts for the training groups can be discussed.
Lessons in 2018 - see the schedule.
WSET® Level 2: Award in Wines and Spirits